The Robertson Roundhouse is a quirky, romantic, wooden cottage nestled in magical gardens in the heart of the Southern Highlands and 1.5 hours from Sydney.
The unique design is based on a traditional Mongolian yurt and sleeps up to four guests (master bedroom on ground floor, double mattress in open loft) in comfort.
Search 'Robertson Roundhouse' and 'Domain' in your search engine to read the recent feature story.
The unique home is best suited for two, but sleeps up to four guests.
Robertson Roundhouse features:
• a central living room with dining table, couches and beautiful combustion fire (fire-wood provided)
• entertainment facilities including flat-screen TV, Apple TV, DVD player and sound system
• board-games and plenty of books
• well-equipped kitchen including bread maker, and BBQ on deck
• bathroom with shower and plenty of hot water
The master bedroom is on the ground floor and features a queen-sized bed. A double mattress is located upstairs in the loft, accessed by a ladder.
When nestled by the fire inside, make sure to look up to the beautiful timber ceiling and watch as day turns into night through the many glass windows in this treasured home.
Autumn and Winter provide many beautiful clear days and cool nights. The house is perfectly heated by a slow combustion fire. Electric blankets, blankets and doonas are provided on all beds. Throws are provided in the lounge/sunroom areas for curling up on the sofa.
The expansive verandah makes for a beautiful place to read the papers in the morning, soak up the sun, enjoy a gin and tonic or a cuppa, listen out for the sounds of nature and enjoy a visit from the local King Parrots, Rosellas and Bower Birds that call the gardens home.
Robertson Roundhouse is also surrounded by local farms so don’t be surprised to see sheep dotted in paddocks, or hear the occasional moo from nearby cows.
Also available on the property is the rustic Studio – a special two-level studio full of natural light and surrounded by native wildlife in the midst of nature. Bring along your easel and paints, or sewing machine and let the ambiance and heat from the studio’s combustion stove fuel your creative juices.
Zugang für Gäste
Not far off the main road, down a little country lane, you will arrive at Robertson Roundhouse.
Approximately 1.5 hours from Sydney.
Interaktion mit Gästen
Guests have full access to the Robertson Roundhouse.
The property manager, Jill Taylor, is based approximately 10 minutes drive from the Robertson Roundhouse so is more often than not available if needed.
Weitere wichtige Infos
We take pride in the cleanliness and presentation of Robertson Roundhouse.
It is well stocked and you will find the following:
• Linen – linen and towels are included.
• Kitchen – cleaning spray, tea towels, detergent and dishcloths.
• Pantry – we operate a revolving pantry, you will find oil, salt, pepper, tea, coffee and sugar. Please feel free to leave sealed, non-perishable items for the next guests.
• Bathroom – soap, tissues and toilet paper.
• Fireplace – stocked with plenty of firewood and, as a treat, a bag of marshmallows for toasting.
Melbourne born and bred, but now Sydney based and enjoying this city's version of winter. Shares home with Enzo and Truffles.