Über dieses Inserat
The house overlooks the Halifax Harbour and Dartmouth, which you can see from the front porch. We have extensive gardens in the front and back yard, and a nice area to eat outside. The Hydrostone Market is a short walk away, as are all major bus routes.
We've stayed with Airbnb in three different countries and enjoyed our experience every time. Because of this, we decided to rent out a room in our own house.
Our place is a 1,500 square foot post-WWII house on a hill overlooking the Halifax Harbour and Dartmouth across the straights. The main floor has hardwood floors, a large kitchen, a working fireplace with a wood stove insert, and lots of light flowing in from the east-facing front windows. We also have a large selection of graphic novels in English and French in the living room for your perusal, plus a record collection that's always looking for more attention!
This room contains a double bed, a closet and a selection of contemporary art. You also have access to unlimited wireless internet, and can use the kitchen and back patio (with BBQ and patio furniture) whenever you'd like.
The house is in the north end of Halifax, a 5-minute walk to the shops, cafés and restaurants of the Hydrostone Market and a 3-minute walk to Needham Memorial Park. It's also a 5-minute walk to two major bus routes, one going directly downtown in 10 minutes, and another going to the two university campuses in the south end (Dalhousie and Saint Mary's), before heading downtown (about 30 minutes).
We enjoy having company and if our schedules sync, may include you in some of our Nova Scotia adventures.
In the summer of 2015, we received nearly 25 separate bookings. We always make sure the bed sheets are fresh and the room has received cleaning attention before the next guest(s) arrive. We also tidy up regularly, clean the toilet and shower as needed, and make regular use of our dishwasher.
We expect our guests to tidy up after themselves (please, no messes for us to clean!), and to keep their room in good shape. Our guests are mostly great on these fronts.
Finally, we rent a second bedroom in the same house on AirBNB, should that be of interest.
Zugang für Gäste
- wireless internet.
- vegetable gardens.
- raspberry and blueberry bushes.
- use of kitchen, living room, dining room, full bathroom.
- washer and dryer in basement.
- bedroom with keyed lock.
- record player and graphic novels.
Interaktion mit Gästen
- Nous parlons français très bien y Darryl entiende el espanol un poco.
- We have hosted guests visiting from Canada (Montréal, Toronto, Ottawa, Rimouski, Kitchener-Waterloo, Halifax, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Guelph, Hamilton, Saskatoon, London, Inuvik, Nelson, Thunder Bay, Cape Breton, Gaspésie, Miramichi, Moncton), the U.S. (Portland [OR & ME], NYC, Flint, Berkeley, Boston, Tulsa, Atlanta, Gainesville, Columbia [SC], Burlington [VT]), Germany, Switzerland, Holland, Spain, France, Ireland, Belgium, Singapore, Mexico, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Australia, Brazil, and China.
- We have included guests in many outdoor activities, including berry picking and fishing.
- We also provide guests with quite a bit of local knowledge and travel tips!
Weitere wichtige Infos
1. We have one parking space in our driveway that we're happy to provide to guests; please advise us at least 5 days ahead of time so that we can arrange alternative parking.
2. If our schedule permits it, we can pick up guests at the airport. We charge $40 one-way (cabs are $65 one-way). Please request a ride at least 5 days in advance.
3. Please advise us of your arrival time at least a week in advance. If you're driving, an estimated time of arrival will do!
4. Please note that we rent two rooms in the same house with the same parameters. If you'd like to book both rooms at the same time, please contact us to inquire.
No pets; no smoking inside or outside in yard; quiet time after 11pm. No food in bedroom, we provide space in the fridge and in the cupboards.
Please feel to ask a question should you have any.
Dieser Gastgeber hat 80 Bewertungen für andere Unterkünfte.Andere Bewertungen ansehen
We're pleased to be AirBNB hosts.
Darryl is originally from Sudbury, Ontario, Canada, but lived most of his life in Ottawa. He now lives in Halifax, Nova Scotia, where he works as a professor at a small liberal arts university near the Atlantic ocean. He loves his job; teaching is a passion of his.
He speaks French and English fluently, as well as some intermediate Spanish.
Délice moved to Halifax in 2015 from Québec, where she lived most of her life. The 5 travel destinations in her bucket list are (in no particular order): South Africa, South Africa, South Africa, South Africa, and Brazil (no, that's not a typo!). She likes all things chocolate and drinks only hot water.
She also speaks English and French fluently.