Simple, nice, and sunny flat in Kalk, close to the Trade Fair (Kölnmesse Deutz).
The flat has two rooms. Living room has a kitchen corner, meaning that the living room is a dining room at the same time.
Please, consider that there is no bed in the flat and the mattresses are lying on the floor without any duckboard.
Concerning the capacity of the flat. I opened it for up to four people, as it is often happens that you travel with a group of friends. We wanted to make it affordable for such groups to rent a nice place together. There are two proper single mattresses in the bedroom. The mattresses are quite wide though, and could be suitable for two people to sleep together (good for couples, tested personally :). Another two places to sleep would be the couch in the living room and an air mattress you can put wherever you want.
p.s. If you are a family, and have three kids with you, don't hesitate to write us, we will arrange something ;)
Zugang für Gäste
We live in this flat, so all our stuff stays in there. We can make some space in the wardrobe free for you. You will be able to use all the kitchen devices (we have a juicer!).
Interaktion mit Gästen
We rent the flat out usually when we are leaving, so we most probably won't be able to spend time with you. We are happy to answer your questions online, if you have any. We can tell what to visit in Cologne.
However, sometimes it can happen that we can welcome you personally and even show you some interesting places around Cologne.
Weitere wichtige Infos
The washing machine is leaking sometimes. It is normal, the machine is quite old, but still works well. Please, just dry up the floor with a cloth if it happens. And twist faucet behind it till the end (block the water).
We are away for the weekend!
1. If you are four people!!! Two of you will have to share a mattress, which is not a double mattress, or someone has to sleep on a camping matt on the floor, so you have to agree to that before you book. Otherwise, don't book this flat! Look for a place with four beds/mattresses.
2. To get the key you have to do some "geo-cashing", it's easy, no worries.
3. Please, keep the flat clean.
4. There is no real bed, the mattresses are lying on the floor. They are very comfortable though, like normal mattresses. We like the possibility to put them to the wall and have the whole space of the bedroom for doing yoga.
5. Please, let me know if you need a towel!
6. Parking nearby might be hard in the evening and on weekends. You might need to drive around a bit. Though, parking is for free here!
I am studying Media Informatics (master) in university of applied science in Cologne. It is a full time program, so I don't have time for long term trips for the next couple of years. However, we plan to make some short term trips and develop our "Travelling Monkeys" project. Check it out in social networks and our blog about Travelling Monkeys Bimbino and Bambina (search engines to help you ;)