Propano, a farm standing on the edge of Saluzzo (the centre is a 10 minute stroll away), a delightful historic town situated in the north west of Italy, has been owned by the Camisassi family for three generations.
The farm buildings were built around a large courtyard and used as lodgings, stables and store rooms for tools, machinery, grain and hay. In one of the corners stands the owner’s house which was once the residence of the Cistercian Monks Superior. The monks were the original owners’ of the land and in 1525, by a Public Act, the Marquis of Saluzzo, Michele Antonio donated the Propano Estate to the Revello Abbey.
In the surrounding area there are a number of points of interest to visit: Manta Castle owned by the FAI, Lagnasco Castle, the Estate of Racconigi which was the summer residence of the Savoy royal family, the Cistercian Abbey of Staffarda, the river Po source and the Alpine valleys Po, Varaita and Maira.
Turin site of the 2006 Winter Olympics and the Venaria Reale Estate, the Italian Versailles, are 50 km away. More or less the same distance there is Alba, the capital of the Langa.
The 31 m2 studio is situated on the ground floor offers a bedroom (double bed width 160cm), ensuite bathroom with shower and a lounge with kichenette equipped with microwave, electric hob, fridge and sink. There is also a convertible sofa so with a supplement the apartment can sleep a maximum of 4 people. The comunal garden is reached via the communal sitting room where there is free Wi-Fi connection.
Nicht verfügbar: Rauchmelder
Nicht verfügbar: Kohlenmonoxid-Detektor