- Whole East side of house available with: Queen bed on ground floor in huge room; PLUS upstairs loft room (2 single beds); Children's mini-library, some wooden blocks.
- Shared access to most other spaces.
-Rammed earth solar home with sheltered and open outdoor sitting / play space
- Full & lush urban permaculture design in quiet court
- Calm beach- 15 min adult walk
- Main surf beaches- 20 min walk (5 min bike)
- Kite-surf / wind-surf beaches in estuary - 3 mins in car
1. Food preparation - All messy/smelly/sweet food preparation/cooking is confined to the Sun-room kitchenette (see pic) or outdoor cooking space = very sweet deserts, jam making, fish cooking. This ensures little critters (esp ANTS and flies) are least likely to invade the main kitchen.
2. Shoe-free indoors - plenty of beautiful verandah & corridor space to put footwear, coats, hang towels and beach gear.
3. Wash and hang each day - keep little critters out of the Sunroom (where kitchen wash-up space is) we need all items washed by end of day - it is a pleasure to do dishes with our unique, simple drip-dry 'wash & leave' set up (see photos) . . . .Thanks.
Dieser Gastgeber hat 4 Bewertungen für andere Unterkünfte.Andere Bewertungen ansehen
I have lived and breathed sustainable living since I was 22 though the journey began when I was 11. Permaculture site design , organic management , home based innovation, people empowerment, yoga.
In 1999, Therese (my Mother R.I.P. ) and myself began the realisation of an affordable, special place for personal, community and environmental health and learning.
Since the passing of Therese several years ago, change needed to happen- I led renovations of our special place and my completed a formal shift into education and training. I have been renovating with HelpX guests and a professional plumber, with support from two friends , plus support from one sister and a boy neighbour.
Australian and overseas vacation / retreat makers have chance to share our Earthly home - made with local water, earth, timbers and labour - here on the Bass Coast (two hours South East of Melbourne)
We offer one private loft and a ground floor room to:
- people needing an affordable beach-side break, who want something different to the usual BnB
- couples who wish to get deeper insights into sustainable living - "Is this right for me?"
- those seeking to gain direct experience in a 'sea change' or 'tree change'
or simply a healthier way to live that is healthy personally and environmentally.