This private house built in 1946 exudes warmth with its cozy yet open floor plan, modern amenities, and quiet setting. 1100 ft² of living space in a charming, family neighborhood. Walk to Ithaca College, downtown Ithaca, and wooded gorge trails.
This is a nice, well maintained house in a lovely, quiet neighborhood, fully furnished with modern appliances and amenities. There are recently refinished oak hardwood floors and brand new triple pane windows throughout.
The master bedroom contains a huge king-sized bed and a large closet. It is furnished with two night stands, a dresser, and a suitcase bench. The guest bedroom contains a full-sized bed and a small closet, and is also furnished with a night stand, dresser, and suitcase bench.
Both mattresses are firm, and dressed in 100% cotton linens with down pillows and comforters. Each bedroom has a ceiling fan and a floor fan stored in the closet along with extra pillows and blankets, a window AC unit in the summer, and a radiator heater in the winter along with the house's central heating to keep you comfortable year-round. Close the room-darkening curtains to sleep in, or open them wide to let in the morning light.
A fold-away twin cot with a 4" memory foam mattress is located in the living room closet along with bedding. This mattress is 31.5x75" and has a weight limit of 400 lbs.
The bathroom has a showertub, and a skylight adds elegance. Shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, toilet paper, and other basic bathroom essentials are provided. Freshly-laundered towels and wash cloths are provided for each guest.
The dining room is sparsely decorated but comfortably accommodates 6. In the warmer months, enjoy grilling on the beautiful deck outside, shaded by a lovely tree that comes up through the deck. There is seating outside for 4.
The kitchen is fully equipped with a dishwasher, garbage disposal, electric stove, refrigerator, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker, and rice maker. Cookware and dishes, and basic cooking supplies as well as coffee beans, a coffee grinder, tea, and hot chocolate are all provided.
The living room features wrap-around windows, comfy couch seating for up to 6, and a stunning 50" plasma screen television with phenomenal picture quality. Some movies are on hand, as well as a Playstation 3 and an original Nintendo Entertainment System with classic games like Super Mario. There is no cable television, however I have a streaming subscription that covers most of the major cable networks.
Wireless high speed internet is provided and extends throughout the house.
Zugang für Gäste
Guests have access to the entire top floor of the house. The door down to the basement will be locked unless you will need access to the laundry machines. Please let me know in advance of your reservation if you will need the laundry facilities. You will be given a unique code for the keypad keyless front door lock, so you can enter and exit easily without worrying about a key.
Interaktion mit Gästen
I stay in an apartment in the basement of the house with a private entrance. I am currently working long hours to finish my degree, but I am a phone call or text away if you need anything or have any questions.
Weitere wichtige Infos
In order to keep cleaning costs low for guests, I ask that you take some basic steps before checking out:
1. Strip the sheets and pillow cases from the beds and place them along with any used towels in the laundry baskets (2) located in each bedroom's closet.
2. Remove the trash bags from the bathroom, kitchen, and recycling, and place them along with the laundry baskets near the basement door in the kitchen.
3. Rinse any used dishes and place them in the dishwasher, add detergent, and run the dish washer. Please do this even if there are only a few dirty dishes. Please also be sure to rinse any food off the dishes first, as stuck on food doesn't come off well in the dish washer.
4. Start the robotic vacuum located in the living room. Press the large power button twice, and the vacuum should begin working.
* Shoes cannot be worn in the house, please remove them at the door.
* I expect guests to treat the house with respect, as they would a friend's house, and leave the space generally in the condition in which they found it.
* Smoking inside is not allowed, and this is not a party spot. Additional guests and visitors are not a problem, just please let me know in advance.
* Occasionally items may be broken or damaged during your stay. It's okay, accidents happen, just please let me know so I can replace these items promptly.
* Please observe the check-out cleaning guidelines specified in the listing.
Wenn du bis 5 Tage vor deiner Reise stornierst, erhältst du eine vollständige Rückerstattung. Wenn du innerhalb von 5 Tagen vor deiner Reise stornierst, ist die erste Nacht nicht erstattungsfähig, aber die Hälfte der Kosten für die übrigen Nächte wird zurückerstattet.
I'm currently a PhD student in the department of Physics at Cornell University in Ithaca New York, but I'm originally from the San Francisco bay area in California. I don't often have the time or the money to travel, but I enjoy it greatly when I do. Seeing the usual or famous attractions is fine, but what I really love about traveling is just soaking in the feel of a different place, walking around, talking to people, etc. I'll usually show up somewhere without much of a plan and start exploring. I've had the pleasure of renting from wonderful Airbnb hosts in London, Scotland, and Paris, and look forward to many more in the future.
When I'm home and not working, I like to play any and every sport, but currently playing rugby for the Ithaca Avengers Women's Rugby Football Club is at the top of my list. Like most people, I also enjoy the company of good friends, good food, and good wine and beer.
I'm listing my home in Ithaca on Airbnb for the first time, and looking forward to the experience. Ithaca is a beautiful, fun, and quirky town and I'm excited to provide travelers a home base from which to explore all the city has to offer.