Spectacular Dorset Kirby Hollow family home. Open floor plan, custom gourmet kitchen for entertaining family and friends. “Smart home" with home theater room, kids game room, amazing steam shower. The Dorset Horse Show is 8.7 miles and only 15 min away.Only 10 min to Manchester and 35 min to Stratton.
Maple syrup production has concluded and we made 9 gallons!! I boiled 450 gallons of maple sap!
This million dollar custom built 5400 sq ft family home is situated in the valley of Dorset Hollow with 360 degrees of breathtaking mountain views. The home sits on 3.5 acres with an abundance of apple trees perfect for making cider. The maple trees on the property are tapped for sap in the spring to make maple syrup in the sugar shack on the property. There is a beautiful outdoor fireplace, swing set and play house.
Inside you will find an open floor plan with exposed beams and vaulted ceilings. The large windows allow for perfect viewing of the panoramic mountains.
The professionally designed, chef inspired kitchen is perfect for entertaining families and guests. The chef in your family will have all amenities necessary for intimate cooking for the family. The central island with bar seating boasts a 48" Wolf range top, a recessed steamer, pot filler and produce sink. The perimeter of the kitchen houses the double Sub-zero refrigerators, ice maker, Wolf oven, warming drawer and Sub-zero wine refrigerator. There is an oversized stainless steal Franke farmhouse sink equipped with Dornbracht fixtures.
The Dining Room is equipped with a reclaimed hemlock, hand hewed farm table with bench seating which can easily seat 10-12 people.
The adjacent cozy great room has a dramatic floor to ceiling bluestone fireplace. Off of the great room are two mahogony decks, one on the front and back of the house perfect for grilling and relaxing.
The main floor also hosts a beautiful office with built in bookshelves and desk made from reclaimed wood form a local Dorset barn. You will find books here for you to enjoy during your stay.
The large main floor master bedroom with king bed, has a tranquil zen-like master bath with a large spa tub and steam shower, perfect after a day of playing outdoors.
In the finished room above the garage, there is a game room/exercise room and home theatre room.
On the ground floor, there are 3 large guest rooms each with their own full bathroom. The yellow guest room has one queen bed. The lavender room has 2 queen beds and the rose room has two twin beds. The three rooms are connected by a central kids playroom. There is one twin bed in the loft area of the indoor playhouse. Additional beds can be added upon request. A portable crib is also on site. Children are welcome to play with toys, games and books in the playroom.
The home automation system, controlled by a central iPAD, will control lighting scenes and home audio. The home audio system services the entire home with the exception of the ground floor bedrooms.
The home is outfitted with beautiful VT crafted Hubbardtom Forge lighting fixtures.
Zugang für Gäste
Please enjoy full access to all amenities of the home with the exception of the closet in the ground floor yellow guest room (owners closet), two car garage, outdoor barn, sugar shack and chicken coops. The Apiary (bee hive) is protected by its own electric fence. Please do not disturb the bees, they hibernate during the winter.
Interaktion mit Gästen
I will meet you for an introduction to the property as this increases the guest experience. Yes, we are available any time by phone/text/email. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.
During the spring months, guests are welcome to assist with the process of making maple syrup!
Weitere wichtige Infos
1. Be cautious of the perimeter of the property as there is an electric fence. This fence is in place to contain the neighboring Mountbrook Farm, a working Beefalo farm. It is not uncommon to see these friendly cows.
2. Minimum 2 day stay
3. Can accommodate 11 guests. Additional beds can be added upon request at $100 per additional guest.
4. Please review the Vacation Rental Lease. We will email this document and ask that you sign(digitally or by hand) and return it prior to your stay. This can be signed at the time of check-in if you book your reservation just prior to your stay.
1. Make yourselves at home and enjoy VT!
2. Please be respectful of our home and treat it as you would your own.
3. Please remove shoes. There is an oversized mudroom for outdoor gear.
4 . Pets are welcome, but please keep them off of the furniture. Dog beds can be provided upon request.
5 . STRICT NO SMOKING policy in the home or outdoors. This includes all tobacco products, cigars, pipes, "wacky tabacky" etc.
6. The central island may look like a butcher block, but is not to be used for cutting! Plenty of cutting boards are provided.
7. Please enjoy any light reading, games or toys. But please leave them behind for future guests.
8. Please enjoy our full house AV system, but be respectful of volume in order to keep our speakers in excellent working condition, and of course to respect the neighbors.
Sound can certainly travel across the mountain!
9. Please review the Vacation Rental Lease. We will email this document and ask that you sign(digitally or by hand) and return it.