Private studio apartment with full bath, kitchen, 1 queen bed and one sofa/futon. Balcony overlooks Halbert Park and rear garden/exterior/drive of main home. Apartment is above a garage and requires one flight of steps. This apartment is NOT owner-occupied, but our dedicated guest quarters.
Clean, modern design. Functional. Great balcony overlooking community park. 2 adults would be comfortable in this space. There is one queen size bed, and a futon/couch could be used for a small child or two (or 1 adult). Walking distance to Kroger, restaurants and shopping on 19th Street. The balcony is great for people-watching and hanging out.
Zugang für Gäste
Access to entire apartment above the garage. There is one flight of stairs (accessed in the rear garden of the main house) to access the apartment. There is ample street parking. Guests are welcome to share the back garden with us (mostly the cat).
Our family typically parks in the garage (no door) as it is easier for our family logistics. Please park in the public parking area directly in front of the park. Park on an angle (not parallel) to conserve space for others. Do NOT park in front of our home on the grass.
If you would like to park your vehicle in our garage during your stay, there is an additional fee of $20/day. (The park is safe and we frequently leave our vehicle there, but if you have a unique auto or young children, you might prefer to use the family garage for the additional daily fee.
Guests do not have access to a washer and dryer.
Interaktion mit Gästen
We are more than happy to help get you settled, answer questions and be of service to you when you need something. If you need something, it is best to contact us from 7:30 am - 7:30 pm. We are happy to respond/help at anytime, but we typically power down all devices in the evenings and it can be more difficult to reach us.
Weitere wichtige Infos
We are a family with two children and a cat who likes to explore the garden. Small dogs under 25 lbs are welcome. Our cat has never been inside the apartment/guest quarters, and cats are not permitted in the apartment.
Coffee (Nespresso machine and capsules) is provided. The kitchen has simple pots, pans and such for cooking. There is also a printer in the apartment. A TV is in the living area. While we do have Wireless Internet, we do not have cable.
If you are staying for a longer amount of time and you need a special item, let me know!
- Tolerance for our children and neighborhood kids. (The property overlooks a community park and our driveway.)
- Please shut back gate when coming and going.
- No loud talking or entertaining on the balcony after 9 pm.
- If children are staying, vigilance and supervision for children on the balcony.
- No parking in the driveway.
- No parking on the house side of the street, directly in front of our home.
- Park in front of the park, on an angle (to conserve space for others). (Parallel parking messes up the natural parking order of the park.)
- If you would like to park in our personal garage (no door), there is an additional fee of $20/day.
Children are welcome, but apartment is on the second floor with balcony. If you have a climbing toddler, vigilance is required. Also, the apartment is NOT baby/toddler proof with all the standard safety mechanisms that you may have in your home (e.g. Electrical outlets, furniture bolted to walls, etc.). Please keep milk and juices at the dining table or balcony. Water is welcome in the sofa area. If you would like for us to remove the rug in the living area, please let me know.
Small (under 25 pounds), friendly dogs are welcome to stay in the apartment. If you would like for us to remove the rug in the living area, please let me know.
- Dogs are welcome to hang out in the back garden.
- Clean up any pet waste - in our garden, in the park, in the neighborhood.
- If our kids don't get along with a particular dog or there is any anxiety between kids or dogs in a common/shared space, please take the dog for a walk or to the apartment.