This is a great place for nature lovers! Fields are stretching right below the house. Enjoy the spacious terrace with a charming view to the sea, islets and a mountain range. It´s a 20 min walk to Korcula old town. Perfect for 2 couples or families.
The entire house has been renovated in 2015.
Your space is consisting of two apartments, one next to the other, on the ground floor. They are newly furnished, sharing one very spacious terrace (24 sqm). From one bedroom you have access to your own back garden, with a small terrace for up to persons, almost all day in the shade.
This place is perfect for 2 couples or 2 families, that like to share meals and talks on the common terrace. At the same you can have some privacy in your own apartment, having your own bathroom and own kitchen.
Apartment no. 1 (left) has 2 rooms. Sleeps 4 persons:
- living room with an integrated, fully equipped kitchen. The comfy sofa makes a queen size bed (160 cm) for 2 adult or 2 children (ceiling fan)
- separate bedroom for 2 adults (queen size bed, air condition)
- bathroom with shower and WC; separate space with wardrobe
- 1 private balcony at the front door, in the sun. 1 private terrace at the rear garden, almost all day in the shadow.
Apartment no. 2 (right) has 1 main room and a separate kitchen. Sleeps 3 persons:
- main room with a queen size bed (160 cm) for 2 adults. The sofa makes a french size bed (140 cm), very comfortable for one person. Ceiling fan and a portable stand fan for hot summer days.
- fully equipped, kitchen. This is a separate, well aired room with a glass door to step out on the terrace.
- spacy bathroom with a shower in a bathtub and WC.
Due to the warm climate, you can spend a lot of time outside. The large shared terrace is facing the south. It is partly covered by a roof, so you can choose to have your lunch in the shade or take a sunbath. Additionally, the rear balcony of apartment no. 1 is almost all day in the cool shade of the house.
There's intentionally no TV in the house: enjoy the calm or the laughter of kids playing on the street.
If you want to stay with us in early spring or late autumn, there will be comfy heating: In apartment no. 1, we will lit a cozy fire in the living room's stove for you. And you can adjust the air con in the sleeping room on a pleasant temperature. Apartment no. 2 has an electric heating to warm the space quickly. We built new windows and a very thick thermal insulation on the walls, so the space is perfectly warm in winter.
Zugang für Gäste
The two apartments are on their own floor, the back garden and the large terrace - all is exclusively yours!
Interaktion mit Gästen
The two apartments are located at the ground floor of the house, and we, your host family, are living on the second floor (separate staircase). We are always here to help and to give you some insider's tips for your most enjoyable stay. Your host is the author of the one and only guidebook for walking on the island – she is full of useful information!
You might like to come to visit your host family on their private terrace. Let's enjoy together the warm summer night in the open, marvelling at the myriads of stars above you. Savouring a Korcula grown wine, the infinite universe stretches above you, the peaceful silence disturbed by nothing but an owl hooting somewhere in the woods.
Weitere wichtige Infos
- I can organize you a taxi to pick you up on arrival at the ferry port or bus terminal
- free wifi, free parking on the property
- no charge for end cleaning
- not apt for partying people, no loud music. This is a quiet neighbourhood, inhabited by local families. Please respect the Mediterranean way of life, siesta is from noon to 4 p.m.
- no smoking in the house. Smoking is possible on the terraces
2 Nächte Mindestaufenthalt vom 1. September 2017 - 30. November 2017.
Dieser Gastgeber hat 49 Bewertungen für andere Unterkünfte.Andere Bewertungen ansehen
We are an internationally oriented family; my husband Zeljko is Croatian, I'm originally from Germany, Our son is a cheerful primary school boy, always happy to meet people from different countries.
We've been living for many years in Berlin, Germany. Some years ago we decided to take a break from metropolitan life and returned to my husband's native country. Travelling along the Adriatic coast, we came to the island of Korcula – and fell in love with the beautiful old city, the lush green country side, the sea and the mountains, all that in one place. This is a small paradise, we thought. And moved here, started to make a living.
My husband is working as a civil engineer in the building business. He is often an advisor to foreigners building their holiday homes on the island. I've been working with local tourist agencies. And I edited a practical guide (book) for hiking and cycling around the island.
We love to go snorkeling on the rocky coast of our island in summer, or swimming and picnicking in some hidden coves. In autumn and winter we are hiking on the old mountain trails that had been used by farmers and their donkeys.
In my former life in Germany, I've been working with a Japanese company, as I had studied Japanese at university. Still, I feel much connected to the Japanese and their culture.
As hosts we like to share our love for the island of Korcula with our guests and assist them to discover the island off the beaten tracks. When we are travelling ourselves, we most appreciate when we can stay with friends abroad.