Über dieses Inserat
Tucked away in the rugged Land O’ Lakes region of Eastern Ontario, the waterfront Salmon River Wilderness Camp is a private, 300-acre wilderness, bordering on the pristine Salmon River as well as Cade Lake. Rejuvenate with a swim, go paddling in a canoe at your doorstep, and hike in the rolling landscape of forests, granite and clean water. Centrally located between Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal, we're also near Puzzle Lake Provincial Park and the Lennox & Addington Dark Sky Viewing Area.
Located in the rugged Land O’ Lakes region of Eastern Ontario, the Salmon River Wilderness Camp is a private, 300-acre wilderness, bordering on the pristine Salmon River as well as Cade Lake (a small lake, part of the Salmon River system).
We offer a rustic, but comfortable camping experience, in a large, fully insulated private yurt, just steps away from the flowing river. New this year: take shelter from the blackflies and mosquitoes in our new custom 12x12 screened gazebo, while enjoying the beautiful 360 views of the river and surrounding forest.
Activities include hiking for kilometres along the beautiful Salmon River, paddling for hours on the river and lake, relaxing on the deck, swimming in the private swimming hole, and enjoying a cozy evening star-gazing through the domed skylight. A spring and summer paradise!
There is no running water and no electricity.
Zugang für Gäste
- 17' diameter insulated yurt (226' sq. ft.)
- 12' screened gazebo for dining and hanging out, protected from all bugs
- woodstove with plenty of dry firewood and kindling (cooktop large enough to heat water and stew or soup in a small pot)
- queen bed with futon mattress, fitted sheet, wool blanket, & two pillows with pillowcases (bring your sleeping bags!)
- tabletop propane barbeque/grill (with plenty of fuel), metal spatula, tongs, & grill brush
- full set of utensils and tableware for two: knives, spoons, forks, bowls, saucers, plates, stainless steel glasses, mugs
- camping percolator, plus coffee (dark ground roast) and assorted tea
- kettle for boiling water
- small pot with lid for heating soup or stew
- salt & pepper, olive oil, sugar
- large glass lantern & candles
- tabletop lamp that plugs into a regular electrical outlet - if you have a portable power box (not included)
- rustic dining table & two chairs
- dresser with six drawers
- antique wash stand
- rustic night table, with a small selection of magazines & books
- first aid kit, fire extinguisher, and smoke/CO2 detector
- broom & dustpan
- clean, private outhouse & toilet paper
- picnic table with benches
- basin for washing dishes, dish soap, scrub brush, dish cloth, & hand towel
- board games: cards, chess, checkers, and Scrabble
- outdoor fire pit at the campsite
What to bring:
- food & water
- cooking equipment
- bedding (sleeping bags are a necessity - we supply just a fitted sheet, wool blanket, & two pillows)
Interaktion mit Gästen
We welcome you to our camp and hope that you enjoy your time here. Please feel free to contact us if you need anything or have any questions. We live nearby, and you can text, email, or phone us and we will respond as soon as possible:
Text: (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Email: (EMAIL HIDDEN)
Phone: (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Weitere wichtige Infos
In case of emergency, call 911. The nearest hospital is 35 minutes away in Napanee.
Lennox & Addington County General Hospital - Napanee: ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Township of Stone Mills Fire Department - Tamworth: ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Ontario Provincial Police - Napanee: ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Please respect the natural environment at all times and carry out your trash with you when you leave. Check-in is after 3 p.m. and check-out is by 12 noon. Please remove your footwear upon entering the yurt, and leave the place in the same condition you found it. There are hundreds of acres for you to explore, and we ask that you heed posted signs to keep from trespassing on private property. Sorry, but no pets are allowed. Thank you for not smoking anywhere on the property.
Wenn du bis 5 Tage vor deiner Reise stornierst, erhältst du eine vollständige Rückerstattung. Wenn du innerhalb von 5 Tagen vor deiner Reise stornierst, ist die erste Nacht nicht erstattungsfähig, aber die Hälfte der Kosten für die übrigen Nächte wird zurückerstattet.