After being a host in Oslo since 2011 I have now renovated this cabin far up north where I am originally from. It will be a Scandinavian design gem, mixed with a lot of eclectic elements from my great grandparents. The location in the middle of the local village, and not tucked away in the forest, but the view and space is spectacular. Enjoy the midnight sun and northern lights in a modern space.
I work in the design and interior business and the project of designing and transforming a traditional Norwegian cabin into a modern Scandinavian gem has been such a fun and inspiring process. And I am looking forward to you as my guest to enjoy it. The cabin has it own Instagram profile with the same name as here. VILLAHEGGE
In the house you will find a lot of Norwegian and Scandinavian design icons and products mixed with eclectic items I have inherited from my family. So yes this place is pretty special to me.
With big windows you can enjoy the great and very often extreme weather we experience up here north. A modern fireplace will keep you warm as well as electrical heating.
My cabin has all the modern fittings you will need to enjoy your stay.
Zugang für Gäste
SLEEPING: it is space for 8 people but not ideal for 8 grown ups for a long periode of time, but will work fine with let say 4 grown ups and 4 kids for a short periode of time.
Queen size bed 150 cm - 2 people sleep comfortable. Window from floor to ceiling.
One double bed 120 cm + one singe bed.
- Can sleep a couple in the double bed.
- Or 2 grown ups in each bed.
- 3 kids
- Or one couple in double bed, and one child in the single bed.
But 3 grown ups will be a bit tight in that room.
Sofa 90 x 220 long which is really good to sleep on. But then this is the shared space so if there is 7 other people staying for a week, there is not much privacy for the one person staying on the sofa. But will be ok for a night or 2!
Attic above the master bedroom:
Really low under the ceiling so this space is best for kids. It is a ladder up so they would need to be big enough to climb up and down without you as a parent will have to worry. But it is a cozy nook up there with soft flooring and lighting to sit and read or play with the iPad.
In this beautiful space you will have access to all the space and:
- A full equipped kitchen. And there will also be basic salt/pepper/spices/olive oil available to use.
- Clean sheets and towels.
- 2 x Yoga Mats
- Wood to burn in the fireplace.
- Yes that is correct, there is NO TV, but I got plenty of BOARD GAMES to keep you and your family/friends socializing.
- Tivoli Radio you can plug you iPhone into and play of your favorite tunes from.
- Nespresso coffee machine and steamer. Coffee Capsules that fits this machine you can buy at the local supermarket.
- INTERNET in the cabin there is mobile broadband. Which has enough data to surf everyday on (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN), (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) your next destination, stream music etc, read the online news. But if you want to stream films from Netflix this take a lot of data. And I will charge extra. The reason why I have to do it like this and add an extra cost is that I have had guest staying only 1 night using up the whole month worth of data in 1 day. And the cost for that for me is over 50% of what that guest is paying for 1 night. And that for me is not very economic. So I hope you as a guest understand the circumstances.
When data is used up the speed will drop down to almost zero. And I can with a click add extra data for your stay.
5GB = cost NOK 149,-
10GB = cost NOK 249,-
Cleaning fee: I accept to find the place in the same condition when you leave as you arrived. Tidy and clean. I do charge a cleaning fee. But that is just for the sheets/towels/basic like tea/coffee/shower soap/toothpaste/band aid etc. And no I will not give a discount if you happen to have your own towel with you. Both dustpan, vacuum cleaner and cleaning liquid is available to use. So it should be nice and clean when you leave ready for new guests.
Interaktion mit Gästen
As traveling around in North of Norway can be a bit of a challenge knowing where to go, what to see I will be available to help you plan the trip if you book a stay at my place.
I will not be present to welcome you as my home is in Oslo. But family members will be available to assist if you need any help and I will be available online or by (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) the help you.
As this is a tiny town, shops close early. If you are arriving on a bank holiday or Sunday we can do some basic shopping for you for and extra fee of 200 NOK.
I expect that the place is found in the same condition as when you arrived. Tidy and clean. There is only allowed to be the amount of people staying as booked in.
If anything is broken or stolen you will be charged through the Airbnb solution center.
A creative urban girl from Oslo, but a citizen of the world. 36 years old. Love to travel, see new places and meet new people. And I think Airbnb is such a great way to explore the world.
Designer by heart. Working as a freelance as a Content Creator, Social Media Manager and Digital advisor.
My other interest: Architecture, design, foodie, music, art and culture.
I love my city and and would be more than happy to share tips on where to go and what to do here in town. If you are planning a trip to Norway with more stops than Oslo, let me know. I am happy to help you plan your trip with great tips on things to see and do in our beautiful country.