We pride ourselves on a great service and stylish apartment. It is a shame that it didn’t live up to your expectations and it saddens me to think that you may not have enjoyed your stay in London as much you might otherwise. I do however want to address the points that you raise.
1&2) You reported a leaking tap and loose toilet seat. Thank you for this, are being replaced.
3) Dishwasher: No other guest has reported an issue here and our house team checked it is working fine.
4) Cleaning: We use a professional cleaning company and they usually do a very good job. We have not had any complaints on this point in the past. You didn't mention this in your 150 messages during your stay but now only now make a feature of this complaint.
5) Carpets: We have a carpet in the master bedroom only. It is professionally cleaned and shampooed regularly, but we agree there are some marks now and it will be replaced in the autumn.
6) Bathroom blockage: If this was such an issue, why did you not tell us? We would have had it fixed immediately. We have received no such notification from other guests but will investigate.
7) Ants: Due to the hot weather we understand that there were some ants. Ant powder was laid. There is more ant powder in the flat and I would have been happy to suggest you shake some near the patio if you had raised this during your stay. We have not heard further on this issue from recent guests so I am presuming the powder has done its trick.
8) Heat: You stayed during an unprecedented heatwave and that the flat does indeed get hot when all the windows are shut. As mentioned, the most effective way to cool the flat quickly is to open the back door and windows, which rapidly cools the flat. You also requested we supply fans. We gave you the option of buying from a local store and said we would reimburse you. You declined to do this so we bought three fans express delivery. Unfortunately, these took time to arrive and the large one only came after your stay.
9) Extra guest: 1 day before your stay you added an extra guest. We advised you of the additional cost. To avoid that you then changed your dates repeatedly so that you would be there for only part of the booking, but nevertheless insisted that the additional linen must be there from the outset. We gave you a 50% discount on the additional guest and arranged for the additional linen from the start. Your messages indicated that you (the 5th guest) were there.
10) Contact: Very occasionally we may be hard to contact. In this instance, for just over 24 hours we had limited reception as we were in a mountain hut (I did forewarn you of this period when we spoke). Airbnb does not provide a concierge service and unfortunately no host can be on hand of every minute of every day to deal with your requests. The previous guest who had an issue with check-in arrived at 1am when we were, understandably, asleep. To compensate him we refunded around 2 nights worth of costs as this was genuinely something we took full responsibility for.
I hope this draws a line under this saga and we really hope that you and your family enjoy your future travels.
Stuart and Lara