On "This week’s best of Airbnb" worldwide list in Sept 2015 and Jan 2016.
Very central and spacious 1 bedroom apartment – in a quiet, residential neighborhood and has the convenience of being within walking distance to the majority of Reykjavik's attractions. The bedroom has a King-size bed. The living room has a sofa bed. A crib and two folding guest beds are available on request. Washing Machine is available in the basement.
Spacious 1 bedroom apartment (90 square meters). Within 10 min. walking distance to Laugavegur, the main shopping street. It is best suited for a couple but can accommodate up to 4 guests. Bedroom with a king-size bed and a balcony (with a BBQ). Living room has a sofa bed (180x135cm) and a TV. Dining room with a big dinging table and could be used as an office. Printer available on request. Kitchen is fully equipped and bathroom with a good shower. The apartment has free Wi-Fi, geothermal hot water and geothermal heating.
Zugang für Gäste
As a guest you have access to the whole apartment and it's kitchen equipment etc.
Feel free to look at the books on the shelves in the dining room, but please put them back on shelf where they belong after use.
Washing Machine (Zanuzzi) is available in the basement. Detergent and softener provided. Note that other washing machines and dryer are not communal.
Interaktion mit Gästen
Sólveig, the girl upstairs will give you the keys and needed information for your stay. In the dining room are some tourist brochures about Reykjavík and Iceland, with maps etc. Remember to write in the guestbook.
Weitere wichtige Infos
Bed will be made up upon arrival. Please let Sólveig know if you want the Sofa-bed to be made up.
Towels and Hairdryer are in the bathroom.
Feel free to use coffee/tea, food or spices in the Kitchen.
A Washing Machine (Zanuzzi) is available in the basement. Detergent and softener provided. Note: Please don't use my neighbor's Washing Machines or Dryer.
A cot for babies available.
Welcome to my home!
• Please take off your shoes before entering the apartment. It is not custom in Iceland to wear outdoor-shoes indoors. Your shoes are safe on the shoe-rack in the stairwell.
• Please respect the neighbors in the building and keep the rule of no loud noise between 22:00 - 07:00 / 10 pm – 7 am.
• No smoking, no parties and no pets.
• Feel free to use coffee/tea, food or spices in the kitchen.
• NOTE. If steam starts building up on windows please open windows – especially after showering. It is fine to leave a few windows open in the apartment when leaving the house (except in very bad weather).
• Whilst we do a thorough professional clean between each guest stay, we kindly ask that prior to leaving, you clean what you have used, especially in the kitchen and put away any dishes or kitchenware. It helps us get through our cleaning process quicker and allows us to keep cleaning costs down for you and future guests.
• If you break or damage something, please let me know. Accidents happen.
• For normal household trash there is a bin behind the house.
• Recycle plastic, paper and drinking bottles. Plastic should be clean and free of food stains. Paper should be clean and dry. No food contaminated or moldy materials. There are two white plastic containers up the stairs in the stairwell for the recycling. Both plastic- and glass-bottles, can be left in a bag by the containers.
Many thanks for your consideration and have a nice stay!
I am a lawyer moving to Oslo because of work and want to rent out my apartment on Airbnb so I can have access to it when in Iceland. My neighbor manages the key etc.
I have rented apartments in Dublin and Rome and really liked it.
Hope you will like mine.